Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: Breaking Up With Brad By: Annette Blake




~What's It About?~



Breaking Up With Brad is the first in a series of short stories written by Annette Blake. Each story is an unconventional tale about love, dating, sex and romance that includes something (completely made up) about someone famous.
The stories are anything but predictable and the first of the stories and title of the book is a seriously funny yet heartwarming tale about friendship and love that will have you laughing and crying all at the same time.

Adrianna is sick and tired of her friends and family constantly trying to hook her up with the next available bachelor that stumbles across any of their paths. Adrianna is especially fed up with her mother and oldest friend Andi's meddling. So much so that when she is pushed to her limit and can't take anymore, she takes a huge chance that just happens to be based on a complete lie (and also happens to include A list actor, Bradley Cooper).

The lie, which Adrianna stands behind and feels is necessary shuts down all of her friends as well as her mother from wanting to hook her up with another single man again. Ever. It also changes an entire group of friends' relationships with each other...forever.




~Purchase~



Amazon $6.99paperback

Barnes N Noble $6.99 paperback





~My Thoughts~



For a short story it took me forever to read I don't know if it's because I kept telling myself "It's short wont take to long!" or what but I feel it just took me forever lol.  Once I did get reading it I found it to be very funny and a pretty good book.  The story is about a woman who's family is trying their hardest to find her perfect match when all along it was right under her nose.  So with that being said she just got fed up with their Crap and blew up at them and said enough I have a BF and I'm basically taking a vacation by myself.  Well this vacation couldn't have come at a more perfect moment, she ends up realizing everything and tells the truth that she made Brad up.

Once she finally grows a back bone in the story she tells Chad that he's hott the guy who is like head over heels for her. OK well towards the end they end up admitting they like each other and Adriana comes to terms to that fact someone under her nose this hole time has liked her and her so called friends didn't even realize it either.  It turns out to be a really great story was short.  I really liked how everything made sense in the short amount of pages.   Nothing left me wondering about anything at all. For the most part this story kinda was too short for my taste I like the longer ones but after reading it forever it felt to be a very long story that never ends lol.

It was kinda nice to be a short story and hell even to be funny about an actor such as Bradley Cooper, come on that man is HOTT. I can see why he was chosen for the 1st story hehe!!! I give this 3 1/2 stars only because it really wasn't my type of story, don't get me wrong it was good just seems like it was crammed all into the short amount of pages there were.



~My Ratings~







~Meet The Author~



Annette earned a BA in English Lit and Creative Writing (theater and film concentration) from the State University of New York at New Paltz.

Annette's writing portfolio consists of full length screenplays, theater pieces (1 and 3 act), short stories, research essays and novels. Annette has also worked as a freelance reporter for a major newspaper.


(Got this from Author's Goodreads Page)


Connect With The Author






~Links To Visit~




 
  *** I won this book on a giveaway***


 

No comments:

Post a Comment