Monday, February 27, 2017

Beauty's Thief By: Konstanz Silverbow





Title: Beauty's Thief
Author: Konstanz Silverbow
Series: Finding Gold (Book Four)
Genre: YA Fantasy Romance (Clean)
Cover Art: Ida at Amygdala Book Design
Formatting: Ali at Red Umbrella Graphic Designs
Release Date: 2-27-17
 
 
Not every monster has claws—not every beauty is kind.

Born a princess, raised to be queen, but living as a servant, Avalyn never realized she would pay the price for her father’s mistakes. Now Avalyn is living in a castle not her own, a slave to an evil witch who wants revenge on the man who betrayed her trust and ruined her.

For Avalyn, her real punishment has yet to begin.

She will be cursed to work for the witch for the next one hundred years unless true love can find its way into the castle and into her heart.

Now the princess’s freedom rests in the hands of a lowly thief who cares only for himself.

 
Pre-Order
AmazonEtsyGoodreadsSeries


Excerpt

The lump they called my bed is unlike anything I’ve ever had to sleep on. Straw pokes through the fabric, stabbing into my back and sides and arms every time I move.

This alone could be considered a form of torture. I awaken restless and in pain. Angry and tired, I arise and search the small cupboard they’re referring to as a room for another change of clothes. There’s an old stained dress—or that’s what it was once upon a time—that’s far more worn than the makeshift gown I’m wearing now.

I turn to put on my ball gown from last night only to find that it’s no longer on the chair. With a sigh of frustration, I crawl through the tiny doorway Fahima showed me last night and down the stairs leading to the kitchen.

I don’t know how much longer I’ll have to wait for my rescue, so I might as well find something to eat, though I can’t imagine anything here being good.

Sunlight streams in from the window, cutting through the steam rising from the pots and pans a man is working over. He moves quickly between each dish, salting one, stirring another, returning to the cutting board to cut more vegetables before throwing them into yet another pot, wiping his sweating brow with the rag draped over his shoulder.

“Is breakfast ready?” I sit at the table, a little less disgusted at the thought of sitting on the filthy bench considering I’m not wearing my dress of silk.
“Excuse meh?” The man turns around, looking furious, his eyes beady, so dark they appear black. His round cheeks are red, shoulders hunched, causing his gut to stick out farther, lips pinched, face scrunched up, waving his knife in my face as he speaks. “Did yer just ask me if yer breakfast was ready? Do yer think this is some kind of fancy inn? Who are yer?”



Meet The Author
 
Konstanz Silverbow has always been a dreamer . . . but not a writer. Being an author was something she was dragged into. But since that day, she hasn't stopped. It has become more than a hobby, it is a passion. 

During the day Konstanz works, making jewelry, playing the violin, collecting dragons, and learning all she can about medieval weapons. But at night she creates made up worlds and places where those dragons come to life and the weapons are used in battle.

Konstanz Silverbow: Proud Creator of magical worlds, fictional creatures, ideal super heroes and sarcasm since 2007!


No comments:

Post a Comment