Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Promo Post: Sydney Aaliyah


Q & A


1) what's your favorite thing about writing?

Wow, way to start with an easy one. I am so bad at picking one of anything, but I'll try. My favorite thing about writing so far is seeing an idea in the back of my brain become a published piece of work. Another New Life, my debut novel took exactly one year from idea to publication.

2) What helped you write this story and why?

My therapist helped me write this story. haha. The story is very personal for me and it would have been out sooner, but there was something was holding me back. I spent a couple of sessions with my therapist talking about it and basically she said, put it out there, what's the worse that can happen. She was right. It turned out great.

3) Favorite genere?

I read everything. I love New Adult Romance, Thrillers, Suspense, a little horror. I've been getting into fantasy and science fiction lately.
I write New Adult Romance and have a Romantic Suspense first draft that I am thinking about putting out early next year.

4) Was it hard coming up with characters and their names?

I have no problem coming up with characters, but apparently I have a name writer's block. I recently read through my debut novel again and was surprised to discover I had used a lot of the same names in my current WIP, a three part series New Adult Romance. The first book is called Hope for Her (Hope Series Book #1).

5) What was the first book you read and fell in love with?

I can't remember the very first book I read, but the first book I feel in love with was How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell. It started my obsession with gross out humor. I read it recently and it still holds up. Great book.


~ Meet The Author ~

Sydney Aaliyah Michelle is a New Adult Contemporary Romance writer, a voracious reader and movie fanatic who hails from Texas.
After surviving 5 1/2 years living in China, she had the courage to finally pursue her passion and become a writer.
Sydney has been blogging at sydneyaaliyah.com for three years, where she interviews people about their tattoos, discusses her favorite movie quotes, reviews books (New Adult & only the ones she loves) and journals about her writing and editing process.
Sydney’s self-published debut New Adult Novel Another New Life will be available May 2014.
An active tweeter, she is also a JuNoWriMo (2x) and NaNoWriMo (2x) winners who notes the sci-fi action flick “The Matrix” as the best representation of her life in the past. She is now awake.
She can recite the entire script for the 80’s teen comedy/drama “The Breakfast Club” and loves any and everything associated with the Avengers Movie, especially Tony Stark.
When it come to books, Sydney reads different genres, but some of her favorite writers are Stephen King, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Cora Carmack & Emily Bronte. Under the Dome, The Great Gatsby & Wuthering Heights are her favorite books.


Head over to Goodreads and check out her profile and books!!! 


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the interview. Great questions.

    ReplyDelete