Saturday, February 20, 2016

Review: Uncontrollable Temptations By: Janine Infante Bosco



What It's About?

Jack “Bulldog” Parrish

Crazy: Mentally deranged, especially as manifested in a wild or aggressive way.
I was thirteen when I discovered the definition of the word I’d forever be labeled.
Some used it as a figure of speech but for me it was a scar I’d carry through life.
Or so I believed until I was diagnosed a manic depressive.
I’m the president of the Satan’s Knights Motorcycle Club, a man of power and control.
A man with enemies near and far.
But the truth, my truth, is my biggest enemy— my mind and I live most of my life with no control whatsoever.
I’m just a man who battles his demons, a man destined to live a life full of darkness.
Until her.
She’s the light beckoning me, calling me home, away from the torment.
In a world as dark as the one I live in, sometimes I can’t help but crave Sunshine.

Reina DeCarlo

I was lost, broken and a prisoner of my scars.
A shell of the woman I used to be, who didn’t know the difference between living and merely existing.
Until a stranger found me, fixed and freed me. He breathed life into my soul, reminding me I was a survivor and still had life to live.
My savior is a biker.
A man tortured by his own scars. A man broken like me, maybe even a little lost too.
I want to be his remedy.
I want to heal him.
I want to return the favor and be his savior.
This is our story, a story neither of us knew how to write until we found each other.

My Thoughts

This story was a fast pace easy read that you didn't want to put down for anything or anyone. Most of the story I was up in the air about it, unsure if I was liking it or not then I'd turn the page my mind would change and it was a back and forth play that happened reading this story.This was my first time reading anything from this author and of course I had to jump right in with book 3, that is so like me then on top of it really like the story. I wasn't lost coming into this story thank god because I really enjoyed it from start to finish. The writing style was amazing, some of it seemed like you have read it before but the more you get into the story that Janine has written you get to know the characters and it hits you that this is not like the other MC romance stories you have read.  I was hit in the fact at how different they were. The difference in them are the emotions your mind plays, the characters, the banter and of course the journey that the author takes you on.The characters are really amazing and make this story shine the fullest. The banter between them all makes you feel as if your part of that huge family. Jack"bulldog" the Prez and all around great guy filled with demons and those that he can't fight off to save his life even if he tried. The depression eats at him every day but doesn't stop him from being an alpha at all. He tries to make things right and never would have imagined that he would fall in love at the same time. Reina this strong young woman fights he demons daily and only lives day after day in a shell. Her demons get the best of her, they take over her life. She independent and enjoys her life that way that is until Jack comes along and turns her life upside down and all around. She falls in love and wasn't looking for it, of course all at the wrong time of her life. The two of them together is magic they help each other an grow into what they once where and more. The journey they embark on is beautiful and full of life, love, lies, truths, drugs, and mobs, and death. MUST READ story. Once I reached the end of this story I was craving more and more and wanting more, the way it ended has left me completely shocked and hoping that more of Jack and Reina's story will continue. Won't be my last time reading from this author that's for sure. I loved it all the many details, the characters and even the wild emotions my mind was on. Many twist and turns with the events  in the story but so worth it in many ways.


My Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment